Again we see an old photograph of a Coventry street which is not at all recognisable to present day visitors to the town. In 1910 Hertford Street was a normal shopping street carrying traffic, although not the sort of traffic we expect nowadays - horses and carts would have outnumbered the newly invented motor vehicles considerably!
In 2005 little remains to compare with the view a century earlier. A careful look will reveal the spire of Holy Trinity and a few of the buildings on the right did survive the wartime bombing, but their modern facades disguise their original appearance. Since 1969 there's been little chance of being run over by any sort of vehicle, even less a horse drawn cart, because Hertford Street was finally pedestrianised.